Two large yellow onion (10-12 oz/each) washed and peeled.
Four tablespoons Butter or Margarine
Pinch of salt.
¼ teaspoon Granulated garlic
Optional: Splash of white Wine to deglaze the pan
- Cut onion into disks about ¼ inch thick. Then cut the onion disks in half. Separate. You should now have a bunch of half onion rings.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a 9-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and season to taste with the salt and granulated garlic.
- Turn the heat down slightly and sauté’ the onions until they are cooked through and reach a light caramel color. Stir often being careful not to burn.
- Use white wine to deglaze the pan if necessary.
Refrigerate any leftovers.